Listen: Brie Larsen
Brie Larson Gives Insight on Captain Marvel’s Future in the MCU
• Brie Larson, who plays the iconic superhero Captain Marvel, provided insight into Carol Danvers’ future in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
• Though there hasn’t been an official announcement for a third Captain Marvel movie, Larson revealed that ” something ” is in the works for her character beyond The Marvels.
• The upcoming film will explore aspects of Carol’s character as she joins a team and lets go of some of her responsibilities.
• With a 1 hour and 45 minutes runtime, director Nia DaCosta believes it to be an efficient story that will deliver all essential elements.
• In this thrilling installment, Carol Danvers seeks revenge against the Supreme Intelligence and teams up with Ms.Marvel and Captain Monica Rambeau to save the universe from chaos.
• The Marvels stars Samuel L. Jackson, Zenobia Shroff, Zawe Ashton, Park Seo-Joon, and more – sure to bring fans a thrilling ride.
What’s next for Captain Marvel? Brie Larson, who plays the iconic superhero, teased that there are plans for Carol Danvers’ future in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Although a third Captain Marvel film hasn’t been officially announced, Larson confirmed that there is something on the horizon for Carol beyond the events of The Marvels.
“I don’t want Marvel to come after me, but there is something,” Larson shared in an interview with Entertainment Tonight. “There is something, but I can’t divulge any details.”
Larson expressed her excitement about exploring different aspects of Carol’s character in The Marvels. She explained how being part of a team allowed Carol to grow and evolve, shedding some of her burdens alone.
“There is still so much untapped potential within Carol,” Larson revealed. “Joining this team opened her up in ways she hadn’t experienced before, and I loved that for her. She let go of some of the responsibility, which was liberating.”
As for The Marvels, the highly anticipated sequel has the shortest runtime in the MCU, clocking in at just 1 hour and 45 minutes. Director Nia DaCosta intentionally aimed for a more straightforward film, believing that it’s unnecessary to drag it out if the story doesn’t call for it. DaCosta assured fans that the film will deliver on all the essential elements despite the runtime.
And what is The Marvels about? In this thrilling installment, Carol Danvers finds herself grappling with a chaotic universe after seeking revenge on the Supreme Intelligence. Their powers intertwine when she encounters Kamala Khan (aka Ms. Marvel) and her estranged niece Monica Rambeau (now Captain Monica Rambeau) in a wormhole. Together, they must unite and save the universe as “The Marvels.”
With a star-studded cast that includes Samuel L. Jackson, newcomers Zenobia Shroff, Zawe Ashton, and Park Seo-Joon, and the return of familiar faces, The Marvels is set to be another action-packed adventure from Marvel Studios. Directed by Nia DaCosta and written by DaCosta, Megan McDonnell, and Elissa Karasik, this film will surely captivate fans and bring them on a thrilling ride.