New Braunfels Joins Elite Group of Film-Friendly Texas Communities, Governor Abbott Announces
• New Braunfels, Texas, has been officially recognized as a film-friendly community by Governor Greg Abbott.
• The city completed an extensive certification process and joined the ranks of 175 other Texas communities that have received support and guidance from the Texas Film Commission.
• This process involves supporting local businesses with production needs, stimulating economic growth, and generating more regional job opportunities.
• Texas strives to become a major destination for film production, with 25 such communities in the capital of Austin alone.
• Mayor Neal Linnartz expressed excitement about this designation’s potential job creation and increased spending opportunities.
New Braunfels, Texas, is officially recognized as a film-friendly community, shining in the state’s vibrant film scene.
Governor Greg Abbott proclaimed this exciting news after the city completed an extensive training and certification process. New Braunfels is dedicated to attracting the film industry, showcasing its natural beauty, historical areas, and unique charm.
Joined by over 175 communities in Texas, New Braunfels will receive ongoing support and guidance from the Texas Film Commission. This includes training on industry standards, best practices and managing on-location filming.
The goal is to create more job opportunities and stimulate economic growth in the region. The process also involves linking local businesses to production needs and promoting on-site spending.
In a thrilling announcement, Governor Abbott highlighted New Braunfels as the latest addition to the prestigious group of film-friendly communities.
With 25 such communities in the capital, Austin, it’s clear that Texas is determined to become a major destination for film production.
Mayor Neal Linnartz of New Braunfels shared his excitement for the growth this designation will bring. He emphasized the potential for job opportunities for residents and Texas-based crew members and the positive impact on local businesses due to increased on-site spending.
Mayor Linnartz expressed a strong desire to collaborate and boost the local economy through media production, stating that New Braunfels is “ready for the lights and cameras.”