A new Supergirl Movie is in the Works at DC Studios, With Ana Nogueira as the Writer.
• Warner Bros. and DC Studios have enlisted Ana Nogueira to pen their upcoming Supergirl: Woman Of Tomorrow film
• It will focus on Kara Zor-El, Superman’s cousin, as she embarks on a young alien girl’s quest for vengeance
• This is part of DC Studio Co-Chiefs’ plan to reboot the DC universe and kick-off the Superman Legacy franchise, starring David Corenswet and Rachel Brosnahan
• Production is slated to begin in 2021
• Nogueira brings her talents from her Off-Broadway play and Mothers, Lock Up Your Daughters adaptation to this project
Warner Bros. and DC Studios have tapped Ana Nogueira to write the highly anticipated Supergirl: Woman Of Tomorrow film.
Set to be a standalone movie, it will chronicle the story of Kara Zor-El, Superman’s cousin. While the project is still in its early stages, no director has been attached yet.
Although specific plot details remain scarce, the original comic book storyline centers around Supergirl getting entangled in a young alien girl’s quest for vengeance.
This film is a key component of the DC Studio Co-Chiefs’ ambitious plan to revitalize the DC universe. It will be the starting point for the Superman Legacy, with James Gunn writing, directing, and featuring David Corenswet and Rachel Brosnahan in leading roles.
Production for this highly anticipated project is set to commence next year.
Nogueira, who successfully transitioned from actress to playwright, brings her talent to this project after the successful Off-Broadway play, Which Way To The Stage.
She is also adapting the novel Mothers, Lock Up Your Daughters for 21 Laps Entertainment.
CAA, Howard Green Entertainment, and Goodman Genow represent Nogueira.