Priscilla Presley Initially Worried About Priscilla Movie, Now Believes It Captures Her Story Perfectly
• Priscilla Presley initially had reservations about Sofia Coppola’s biopic based on her memoir but now believes it captures her story perfectly.
• She chose to partner with Coppola due to their connection and Coppola’s dedication to getting the story right.
• Presley revealed her decision not to remarry after her marriage to Elvis was due to his busy career and feelings of guilt for not being present for their daughter, Lisa Marie.
• In previous conversations, she praised Coppola for doing her “homework” in researching Elvis’s fame and the challenges of sharing personal experiences publicly.
• Ultimately, Priscilla is pleased with the movie’s accuracy in portraying her life with Elvis.
Priscilla Presley recently expressed her initial concerns and eventual approval of Sofia Coppola’s biopic based on her memoir ‘Elvis and Me.’
At a Q&A event in Las Vegas, Presley admitted her initial worries but now believes the film is “right on.” She commended Coppola for her sensitivity in handling the story and praised her filmmaking skills.
Presley, who also serves as an executive producer on the film, stated that she would only support a movie about her if Coppola were involved, emphasizing their connection and Coppola’s dedication to getting the story right.
Presley also revealed her decision not to remarry after her marriage to Elvis. She explained that Elvis’s busy schedule and guilt about not being present for their daughter, Lisa Marie, influenced their choice not to have more children.
In a previous conversation, Presley had applauded Coppola for doing her “homework” and acknowledged the challenges of living with someone as famous as Elvis and the difficulty of sharing personal experiences in the public eye.
Overall, Priscilla Presley is pleased with the biopic and believes it accurately portrays her life with Elvis.