Zelda Williams, daughter of the late Robin Williams, is set to make her directorial debut with “Lisa Frankenstein” – a unique zombie comedy.
• Lisa Frankenstein, written by Diablo Cody and released by Focus Features, follows an unpopular high schooler who accidentally brings a charming Victorian corpse back to life.
• Kathryn Newton and Cole Sprouse will star in the movie. Newton is known for shows like “Supernatural” and films like “Pokémon: Detective Pikachu,” while Sprouse stars in the final season of “Riverdale.”
• Williams expressed her excitement for the project online as it breaks away from Hollywood’s reliance on sequels and remakes.
• The film was produced by Mason Novick and Diablo Cody (who worked together on “Tully” and “Juno”), with Jeffrey Lampert serving as executive producer.
• Lisa Frankenstein will hit theaters on February 9, 2024 – just in time for Valentine’s Day!
With a script by Diablo Cody, Lisa Frankenstein follows an unpopular high schooler in 1989 who accidentally brings a charming Victorian corpse back to life during a lightning storm. She transforms him into the man of her dreams using her broken tanning bed.
It’s a fresh and unconventional take on the classic Frankenstein story.
The announcement by Focus Features also revealed that Kathryn Newton and Cole Sprouse will star in the film.
Newton, known for her work in TV series like Supernatural and Big Little Lies and films like Pokémon: Detective Pikachu, is poised to debut in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
Sprouse, who recently appeared in Moonshot and stars in the final season of Riverdale, brings his talent to this exciting project.
Zelda Williams expressed her gratitude to Hollywood for allowing her to bring this outrageous script to life.
She acknowledged the industry’s reputation for relying on sequels and remakes but emphasized that Lisa Frankenstein is unique.
Williams mentioned that this wasn’t the film she had originally planned to direct, as she experienced setbacks with three previous projects.
However, she considers Lisa Frankenstein’s success and her opportunity to direct it a wonderful gift.
With its release slated for Feb. 9, 2024, just in time for Valentine’s Day, Lisa Frankenstein offers audiences a romantic and entertaining experience.
The film also features an impressive cast that includes Liza Soberano, Henry Eikenberry, Joe Chrest, and Carla Gugino.
The film is produced by Mason Novick and Diablo Cody, who collaborated on “Tully” and “Juno.” Jeffrey Lampert serves as executive producer.
Don’t miss this enchanting and unconventional zombie comedy.