Listen: Tyler Perry and Netflix
Renowned filmmaker and media mogul Tyler Perry has entered an exciting new partnership with Netflix. Under this multi-year first-look deal, Perry will write, direct, and produce features for the streaming platform.
• Tyler Perry, the renowned filmmaker and media mogul, has entered a multi-year first-look deal with Netflix for him to write, direct, and produce features.
• Perry has also committed to creating four features for Prime Video under an agreement with Amazon Studios.
• Audiences can anticipate upcoming projects such as “Six Triple Eight,” “Mea Culpa,” and “A Jazzman’s Blues.”
• The Madea franchise will continue with the 12th installment titled “A Madea Homecoming” and the thriller “A Fall from Grace” starring Crystal Fox.
• Lastly, Perry’s personal story will soon arrive on the screen in the documentary “Maxine’s Baby: The Tyler Perry Story,” which will premiere at AFI Fest on October 27.
• It’s clear that Tyler Perry continues to prove himself as a creative powerhouse with these ongoing partnerships.
This news follows Perry’s recent agreement with Amazon Studios in November 2022, where he committed to creating four features for Prime Video. It’s worth noting that Perry has already collaborated extensively with Netflix, with upcoming projects like “Six Triple Eight” and “Mea Culpa” in the works.
In “Six Triple Eight,” which is executive produced by Kerry Washington and features a star-studded cast, audiences will be captivated by the true story of the first and only Women’s Army Corps unit of color stationed abroad during World War II.
Meanwhile, “Mea Culpa” explores the gripping journey of a criminal defense attorney who takes on the case of an artist possibly involved in his girlfriend’s murder, with Kelly Rowland and Trevante Rhodes leading the film.
Perry’s previous works for Netflix include “A Jazzman’s Blues,” a recent Humanitas Prize winner delving into forbidden love’s complexities.
Additionally, Perry continues to mesmerize audiences with the beloved Madea franchise, particularly with the 12th installment titled “A Madea Homecoming,” where he also stars.
He has also tackled the thriller genre with “A Fall from Grace,” featuring Crystal Fox.
And don’t forget, Perry’s personal story will soon grace the screen in the form of “Maxine’s Baby: The Tyler Perry Story,” a documentary directed by Gelila Bekele and Armani Ortiz, produced by Amazon Studios and Bekele Films. The film will premiere as the centerpiece of AFI Fest on October 27.
Tyler Perry’s talent and unwavering dedication to his craft continue to shine through in his incredible work.
His latest partnerships with Netflix and Amazon Studios further solidify his status as a creative force to be reckoned with.