Chucky from the TV series just had an unexpected crossover with The Amityville Horror, and there’s a surprise reference to another horror franchise.
• Chucky’s latest TV series episode sees an unexpected crossover with The Amityville Horror and a reference to another horror franchise.
• Creator Don Mancini is open to crossovers, sparking speculation of a potential team-up between Chucky and Freddy Krueger.
• In this episode, Chucky heads to The Amityville Horror house in search of evil energy, only to end up at The White House later.
• Evidence lockers containing items from other famous horror franchises like Halloween and Friday the 13th are revealed.
• NBCUniversal has announced a new release strategy for season 3 – four episodes airing, and the remaining four will be airing next year.
• The cast of Chucky includes Zackary Arthur, Bjorgvin Arnarson, Alyvia Alyn Lind, Barbara Alyn Woods, Devon Sawa, Jennifer Tilly, Fiona Dourif, and Brad Dourif as the voice of Chucky.
• This season follows Chucky wreaking havoc inside The White House while Jake, Devon, and Lexy try to confront him; Tiffany faces her crisis as police close in on her for past crimes.
Don Mancini, the creator of Chucky, has always been open to crossovers. While fans have been hoping for a Chucky and Freddy Krueger team-up, the latest episode of the Chucky TV series takes a different direction.
Longtime fans will remember a scene from Bride of Chucky where evidence lockers contain items from other famous horror franchises like Halloween and Friday the 13th. This time, Chucky crosses over with The Amityville Horror, appearing at the iconic Amityville Horror house.
In this episode of Chucky season 3, we get a flashback that explains why Chucky ends up at The White House.
Following an exorcism in season 2, Chucky’s body becomes corrupted by Christianity, losing favor with the voodoo god Damballa, who gave him the power to possess the doll.
Now, Chucky is aging in his doll body and needs to regain favor with Damballa by committing evil acts.
Chucky heads to The Amityville Horror house to tap into its bad energy. Caroline accompanied him. But things don’t go as planned, and Chucky eventually finds himself at The White House. (By the way, the house in the episode is not the actual Amityville Horror house, just a similar one.)
But how is Chucky able to use The Amityville Horror in the series?
It turns out that the name “Amityville” and the specific house from the true crime story are not protected by copyright, allowing filmmakers to use them freely.
Outside the Amityville house, Chucky also mentions other “evil” Dutch colonial houses, referencing Twin Peaks and A Nightmare on Elm Street. This fuels the speculation about a potential showdown between Chucky and Freddy Krueger.
For fans wondering when the next episode of Chucky will be released, NBCUniversal has announced a different release strategy for season 3.
Only four episodes will premiere in October, and the remaining four will be aired in 2024. The new episodes of Chucky season 3 premiere on Wednesdays at 9 PM ET.
As for streaming options, seasons 1 and 2 of Chucky are available on Peacock and Shudder. The new episodes of season 3 will be available for streaming the day after they air on SYFY and USA Network.
The cast of Chucky includes Zackary Arthur, Bjorgvin Arnarson, Alyvia Alyn Lind, Barbara Alyn Woods, Devon Sawa, Jennifer Tilly, Fiona Dourif, and Brad Dourif as the voice of Chucky.
In this season of Chucky, our doll villain finds himself inside the White House, wreaking havoc with the most influential family in the world.
How did Chucky end up here, and what is his ultimate goal?
Meanwhile, while dealing with challenges, Jake, Devon, and Lexy struggle to confront Chucky in the highly secure White House. Tiffany also faces her crisis as the police close in on her for the crimes of “Jennifer Tilly” in the previous season.