Listen to Halle Barry’s deception.
Matthew Vaughn reveals Halle Berry’s deception in X-Men: The Last Stand with bogus script.
• Director Matthew Vaughn reveals a tension-filled incident involving an Oscar-winning actress before he departed from X-Men: The Last Stand.
• Fox executives had created a “fatter” script with a captivating scene to appease Halle Berry’s desires.
• Vaughn left the studio in outrage at their manipulation of the actress, and his disillusionment with the political nature of Hollywood was complete.
• However, he went on to return to the franchise when Bryan Singer personally contacted him, beginning his journey from disappointment to redemption.
• Vaughn’s experience is a cautionary tale for aspiring filmmakers about the intrigue and backstabbing of the film industry.
In a shocking revelation, director Matthew Vaughn shares his experience working on the ill-fated X-Men: The Last Stand. Initially set to direct the film, Vaughn was replaced by Brett Ratner. However, Vaughn witnessed a disturbing incident involving Halle Berry before his departure.
Vaughn stumbled upon a “fatter” script during a Fox executive’s office visit. Curiosity piqued, he opened it and discovered a captivating scene featuring Berry’s character, Storm, saving starving children in Africa. When he questioned the purpose of this script, he was informed that it was a decoy created to appease Berry’s desires.
Outraged at the studio’s manipulation of an Oscar-winning actress, Vaughn promptly quit. This incident marked Vaughn’s disillusionment with the political nature of Hollywood. However, after Bryan Singer personally contacted him, fate brought him back to the X-Men franchise.
It’s a story that encapsulates the intrigue and backstabbing of the film industry. Vaughn’s journey from disappointment to redemption is a cautionary tale for aspiring filmmakers.